Unhealthy Anonymous: 12 Steps to a Happy, Healthy LifePete Sulack
Today, Americans face a pandemic of chronic, lifestyle diseases that were hardly around a century ago. It is said that these diseases--cardiovascular disease, cancer, autism, dementia, auto-immune deficiencies--will affect four out of five Americans in their lifetimes. But ... Read More
Yes. You can change your life. In Unhealthy Anonymous, America's leading stress expert, Dr. Pete Sullak, gives you 12 easy-to-follow steps that will transform your health, your body, and your energy.
- Follow the 12-step process and feel the revolutionary results
- Recognize how toxic stress is to your health and learn how to overcome it
- Discover how joy, movement, and rest are vital to a healthy lifestyle
- Prepare nutritious and delicious, easy-to-cook meals in under 30 minutes
- Get easy, convenient plans to integrate healthy choices into your everyday life
Start making new choices and live the happy, healthy life you've always wanted.
- Product type: Book
- Format: Softcover
- Release Date: Jun 1, 2015
- UPC: 9780768406887
- Volumes/Discs: 1
- Pages: 224
- Publish Date: Apr 21, 2015
- Language: English
- Audience Age Maximum: 0
- Audience Age Minimum: 0
- BISAC: "HEA010000"
- ISBN: 0768406889
Customer ReviewsWrite your own review
- Great book. Very informative by Ramona on 6/24/2015
I really, really enjoyed this book. Dr. Pete has a tremendous amount of information packed in to 200 pages.
In Unhealthy Anonymous Dr. Pete discusses what he calls the 12 steps to becoming healthy. They are; Identify, Connect, Choose, Recognize, Rest, Detox, Nourish, Rejoice, Move, Align, Strengthen and Give. They are all wonderful chapters chock full of information. The chapters that most caught my attention were; Detox, Nourish and Rejoice. This could be just where I am on my journey though.
A couple things that specifically caught my eye are:
1. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), it is estimated that over 80 percent of all illnesses have environmental and lifestyle causes. Pg. 110
2. …fasting doesn’t just mean going without food for days on end. This would not be practical for most of us. But regular times of fasting for 24 to 48 hours can be extremely helpful in regaining discipline in your life while at the same time resting your body’s systems. Pg 115 – 116.
3. Joy Is A Choice. Pg 140 – 141. (so many of us do not realize that we have a choice to be filled with joy. The content in this subchapter is very captivating).
4. We must never forget that we are in charge of our reactions---we always have a choice in how we respond to the circumstances that world throws at us. Pg. 146
Another thing that I really enjoyed about this book is that Dr. Pete does not just talk about losing weight, counting calories and eating healthier. He discusses a better way of life. It is more of a lifestyle change and way of living than a diet, so to speak. This is very refreshing.
There is so much more I could say about this book, but in the end I would suggest that you just pick up a copy for yourself, find some time to read, and enjoy the wealth of information that Dr. Pete shares in his book.
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.