After the impact of the car shattered his body on the evening of January 11, 2004, … … the hospital trauma-unit staff offered little hope that Father Benedict Groeschel, C.F.R., would survive. Then the news spread. And the prayers began. "Apparently, by a medica... Read More
… the hospital trauma-unit staff offered little hope that Father Benedict Groeschel, C.F.R., would survive.
Then the news spread. And the prayers began.
"Apparently, by a medical miracle, I am still alive — having really been considered dead. One can’t miss the conclusion that when this happens, God still wants you here. … I don’t know what God has in store for me, nor do you know what He has in store for you; yet a conviction that must guide us both is ‘Your will be done.’ "
Now Father Benedict reflects on the good that has come — and continues to come — from that horrific accident. And, responding to questions posed by noted British journalist John Bishop in an interview before the accident, he reflects on:
- Founding the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal
- Spending time in jail for civil disobedience outside an abortion clinic
- Recognizing where God is when suffering intensifies and evil prospers
- Understanding Christ’s feeling of abandonment on the cross
- Discovering and living one’s vocation
- Loving the poor wholeheartedly
- Being "gently scolded" by Mother Teresa of Calcutta
- And more.
"I want to share with you two principles upon which I have built my life. The first is from St. Augustine: ‘God does not cause evil, but that evil should not become the worst.’ Second: ‘There are no accidents. Evil things occur because of bad will or stupidity or fatigue, yet whatever the cause God will bring good out of it if we let Him.’ "
- Product type: Book
- Format: Softcover
- Release Date: May 17, 2011
- UPC: 9781592761203
- Height: 0.29
- Width: 5.20
- Length: 8.18
- Volumes/Discs: 1
- Pages: 124
- Publish Date: May 1, 2004
- Language: English
- Audience Age Maximum: 0
- Audience Age Minimum: 0
- BISAC: "REL036510"
- ISBN: 1592761208