The Magnolia Story is the first book from Chip and Joanna Gaines, hosts of the hit HGTV house flipping television show Fixer Upper. Through renovating homes in Waco, Texas, and changing lives in such a faithful and engaging way, Chip and Joanna have become more than just th... Read More
The Magnolia Story offers their fans a detailed look at their life together. From the very first renovation project they ever tackled together, to the project that nearly cost them everything; from the childhood memories that shaped them, to the twists and turns that led them to the life they share on the farm today.
Fixer Upper Fans will finally get to join Chip & Joanna Gaines behind the scenes and discover:
- The time Chip ran to the grocery store and forgot to take their new, sleeping baby
- Joanna’s agonizing decision to close her dream business to focus on raising their children
- When Chip buys a houseboat, sight-unseen, and it turns out to be a leaky wreck
- Joanna’s breakthrough moment of discovering the secret to creating a beautiful home
- Harrowing stories of the financial ups and downs as an entrepreneurial couple
- Memories and photos from Chip and Jo’s wedding
- The significance of the word magnolia and why it permeates everything they do
- The way the couple pays the popularity of Fixer Upper forward, sharing the success with others, and bolstering the city of Waco along the way
Read Introduction and Chapter 1 >
Read Chip & Jo's Q&A
Release Date: 10/2016
Number of Pages: 240
- Store Only: Yes
- Product type: Book
- Format: Hardcover
- Release Date: Oct 18, 2016
- UPC: 9780718079185
- Height: 5.00
- Width: 7.00
- Volumes/Discs: 0
- Pages: 240
- Publish Date: Oct 18, 2016
- Language: English
- Audience Age Maximum: 0
- Audience Age Minimum: 0
- BISAC: "BIO013000"
Customer ReviewsWrite your own review
- AWESOME by boosmom on 1/9/2017
I could not put this book down Christmas morning I started reading it as soon as I unwrapped it my husband said there are other gifts... But loved this book
- Excellent by Sister on 1/9/2017
I bought the book for my sister for Christmas. I could not put the book down. I read the entire book before I wrapped it for my sister. What a wonderful story of their life together.
- Enjoyable Reading by Smobops on 1/7/2017
This was a gift for my sister in law, she loves Chip and JoAnna and loves this book. Several family members stated they would like to read it when she has completed it.
- Great Read by Advid fan on 1/6/2017
"Fixer Upper" is my favorite tv show, and I watch the programs over and over and get more information each time I watch. So, naturally, I wanted to read their first book. I have not been disappointed. These two are gifted and talented and
so much fun to watch and now read about, too.
- an easy read by Badger on 1/6/2017
They come across as real people who you would welcome into your life. I love the way Chip presents his view of things in real time as if they are sitting across from you. I haven't gotton very far yet but will steal a little time as often as I can to catch up with this family oriented couple.
- Great read by swallax on 1/4/2017
Chip and Jo's story is an inspiring read and story. I highly recommend this for a person needing inspiration.
- Funny and engaging by I love this book! on 1/3/2017
Love the story of these 2 and their life. This book makes me love them more. Chip is so funny. They truly are a match made in heaven!
- Chip can be hilarious by Paula on 11/12/2016
Good read. I love their story, especially when they were first starting out.
- 5 star by Doulabeth on 11/6/2016
What a fun and encouraging read. Thank God that their faith and love have moved them to places where others can see and aspire to their own beautiful walks with the Lord..
- Good Read by Debbie on 10/24/2016
Nice to see how the couple started out and how they made to where they are today. I believe the faith they have in God has led them to where they are today.
- loved it by Pat on 10/21/2016
Picked up a copy and read it the night I got home. Couldn't put it down. They are so down to earth and have let their faith guide them in all they do. God, family and community are their only concern.
Would and have recommended it to friends and family and am also loaning it out to others to read.
- I Loved Their Story! by Linda J. on 10/19/2016
I just finished reading Joanna and Chip's book "The Magnolia Story." I loved the content and how they each shared their side of the story. They really focused on their relationship and the importance of family. This translated for me that what you see on TV is the real Chip and Joanna Gaines. Down to earth and true to their ideals and beliefs.
I love the fact that they give back to their community and are not concerned with fame and fortune. I wish them further success in their endeavors and hope that they can act as a role model for other small business owners to not only look at their own success but how they can make a humane contribution to their community.
God Bless Them and Their Family.
Sincerely, Linda Juralewicz