The Last Days of Jesus: Six In-Depth Studies Connecting the Bible to Life
DVD 2: The Last Days of Jesus Do you ever feel dead-spiritually dead? Do you ever wonder, "If Christianity is supposed to be so great and Jesus' death was supposed to take care of everything, why is my life so messed up?" It is only when we drink deeply from the life and de... Read More
- Participant's Guide: $9.99
Do you ever feel dead-spiritually dead? Do you ever wonder, "If Christianity is supposed to be so great and Jesus' death was supposed to take care of everything, why is my life so messed up?" It is only when we drink deeply from the life and death of Jesus-understanding the main events of his death-that we can find a full life.
These studies (along with "The Life of Jesus") invite us to see the behind-the-scenes truth of the main events of Jesus' death-so that his death can affect our lives...today...right where we live...in the midst of our weaknesses and failures.
With maps and pictures, outlines, key scripture verses, discussion questions, plenty of room for note taking, and a personal five-day Bible study for each session, this participant's guide will help you get the most out of The Life of Jesus, both in your group and in applying what you learn to your life.
TAKE A DEEPER LOOK
The Deeper Connections series is unique. Unlike any other Bible study available, this visually stunning DVD series is written and taught by biblical experts-six professors with specialized areas of knowledge. Don't let the word deeper scare you. These engaging and accessible studies are for everyone who wants to deepen their understanding of God's Word and apply it more faithfully and effectively. In fact, a full one-third of each study is centered on modern application of Jesus' life and teachings.
Hosted by Margaret Feinberg, who introduces each session from Israel, and filmed in locations as diverse as the Rocky Mountains, the Arizona desert, downtown Chicago, and Little Rock, Arkansas, each volume consists of six fascinating sessions. Each session is taught by a different teacher and emphasizes three components:
1. Historical and cultural background
2. An engaging, close look at the biblical text and its meaning
3. Accurate, encouraging, and challenging applications of the Bible's message to life today
Are you seeking more from your Bible study? With three hours of teaching per DVD by Bible professors who know how to communicate the world of the biblical text to today's world, "Deeper Connections" will provide the depth for which you have been looking. Through alternating sections of teaching and group discussion or individual reflection, this Bible Study series will allow you to make DEEPER CONNECTIONS with three main areas:
1. Historical Background: Jewish, Old Testament, historical, social, and cultural backgrounds, along with New Testament parallels, will be examined in order to bring out the full and deeper meaning of the biblical text.
2. Biblical Text: Bible professors who teach this subject matter in Bible colleges and seminaries will teach the biblical text. This is not a study filled only with entertaining stories. It gets at the real meaning of the text through stimulating teaching.
3. Real-life Application: Challenging and accurate applications that come directly out of the biblical text will help you to live the truth of the Bible in today's difficult world.
- Product type: Default
- Format: DVD
- Release Date: Aug 7, 2009
- UPC: 9780310292968 , 25986292966
- Height: 0.6
- Width: 5.3
- Length: 7.4
You May Also Like
Kimberly Dunnam Reisman$49.99
Have a New Kid by Friday: How to Change Your Child's Attitude, Behavior & Character in 5 Days, Six Sessions
Lisa Chan, Lisa Chan$14.99
Michael W. Ashcraft, Mike Ashcraft, Rachel Olsen, Mike Ashcr...$27.99
More From Matt Williams
Los Milagros de Jesus - Guia de Participante: Seis Estudios Directos Conectando La Biblia Con La Vida
Zondervan Publishing, Matt Williams$8.99
Kenneth Berding, Matt Williams$24.99