The Friends We Keep: A Woman's Quest for the Soul of FriendshipSarah Zacharias Davis
Why are women's friendships so tricky? During a particularly painful time in her life, Sarah Zacharias Davis learned how delightful-and wounding-women can be in friendship. She saw how some friendships end badly, others die slow deaths, and how a chance acquaintance can beco... Read More
During a particularly painful time in her life, Sarah Zacharias Davis learned how delightful-and wounding-women can be in friendship. She saw how some friendships end badly, others die slow deaths, and how a chance acquaintance can become that enduring friend you need.
"The Friends We Keep "is Sarah's thoughtful account of her own story and the stories of other women about navigating friendship. Her revealing discoveries tackle the questions every woman asks:
- Why do we long so for women friends?
- Do we need friends like we need air or food or water?
- What causes cattiness, competition, and co-dependency in too many friendships?
- Why do some friendships last forever and others only a season?
- How do I foster friendship?
- When is it time to let a friend go, and how do I do so?
With heartfelt, intelligent writing, Sarah explores these questions and more with personal stories, cultural references and history, faith, and grace. In the process, she delivers wisdom for navigating the challenges, mysteries, and delights of friendship: why we need friendships with other women, what it means to be safe in relationship, and how to embrace what a friend has to offer, whether meager or generous.
- Store Only: Yes
- Product type: Book
- Format: Book
- Release Date: Jul 21, 2009
- UPC: 9781400074396
- Height: 0.6
- Width: 5.2
- Length: 7.9
- Volumes/Discs: 1
- Pages: 210
- Publish Date: Jul 21, 2009
- Language: English
- Audience Age Maximum: 100
- Audience Age Minimum: 18
- Audience Gender: Female
- BISAC: "REL012130 , FAM021000"
- ISBN: 1400074398
There are no customer reviews yet. Be the first to write a customer review!Write a customer review