Which License Do I Choose?
Licenses are based on a church’s average weekly attendance not on the possible size of the viewing audience. All other organizations are covered only by a Standard License.
Average Weekly Attendance is a self-choice option based on the average number of individual adults attending the church at the main service(s). This licensing allows for unlimited showings without requiring an audience report for each showing and thus, is based on potential audience.
1. The standard license kit is intended to cover the majority of all church sizes, specifically 100-1,000 adults attending the church on an average weekend. This covers all local ministries and small groups of the church, and any and all non-profit organizations not serving as a church. The standard license kit is $199.99.
2. The small church license kit is an exception made specifically for churches with an average of fewer than 100 individuals in attendance at the main service. The small license kit is $99.99.
3. The large church license kit is specific to any churches with an average of more than 1,000 in attendance at the main services combined, specific to one campus. The large license kit is $299.99. Please be aware that multi-campus churches must purchase a license for each campus, but special pricing may be available by calling Family Christian directly: 888-319-0319.
4. Federal Copyright law requires written permission for any showing of movie occurring outside of personal, home use. This licensing program fulfills the Federal Copyright requirements. No other licensing program, such as CVLI, fulfills these requirements for churches and non-profits.
Site License Help & Info
Our licenses are specific to a church/organization and by definition, the church/organization site/building, but by extension of a church's regular ministry, many times a showing might be better served off-site of the main church venue. Under the covering of this site license, we extend the rights to show the movie in areas of regular and special ministry to include, but not limited to:
• Retreats - any special men's, women's, marriage ministry retreats specific to the church, regardless of location.
• Local Movie Theater-any special, community screening.
• Another church site; only if for seating or AV reasons and it MUST be hosted and promoted by licensee church only (this cannot serve as a free showing for a different church).
• Local school or community center location. Often needed for mobile churches without fixed location and/or ministry opportunity or seating or AV reasons in local community center.
• Prison ministry in any jail or prison that any group in the church or ministry does outreach.
• Military base ministry; specific to local area and regular ministry to this location.
• Nursing Home; specific to local area and regular ministry to this location.
▪ Neither the DVD nor the license may be loaned to another church or ministry.
▪ This license covers the additional use of any other legally obtained retail DVD for this particular movie (such as Blu-ray).
▪ Annual renewal is available at 50% of current license charge for the particular film title.
What This License Does NOT Cover:
▪ An organization providing movie nights for churches and other organizations may purchase the standard license for each site/venue, but can NOT use this license to go from church to church/location to location.
▪ No organization may require an admission charge. However, because of seating capacity, the event may need to be a ticketed event. The ticket may show a suggested donation. The event may be used as a fundraiser; donations may be accepted and concessions, goods, and resources may be sold with no share of the revenue required by the producer.