Secure Daughters, Confident Sons: How Parents Guide Their Children Into Authentic Masculinity and FemininityGlenn T. Stanton
Raise secure, confident kids in a gender-confused world From the moment someone first asked "Boy or girl?" every child's identity is tied to his or her gender. But how that identity fully takes shape depends greatly on the influence of their parents and what they teach their... Read More
From the moment someone first asked "Boy or girl?" every child's identity is tied to his or her gender. But how that identity fully takes shape depends greatly on the influence of their parents and what they teach their children about the innate value of being male or female.
In this eye-opening book, family researcher Glenn T. Stanton offers a clear vision for why gender matters in how we raise our children. His thought-provoking insights expose the problems with stifling stereotypes and damaging cultural assumptions, then highlight a practical pathway for guiding children into healthy manhood and womanhood.
- what gender-appropriate behavior looks like at various ages--and why you shouldn't panic if your toddler boy plays with his sister's dolls.
- how to help your daughter become secure in her sense of significance--whether she prefers chasing butterflies or shooting hoops.
- how to inspire your son to compete and take healthy risks--in ways that fit his unique personality.
- how moms and dads complement one another as they discipline differently, comfort differently, and influence differently.
- what you can do on a daily basis to nurture your children's God-given design and help them resist the pressure to conform to arbitrary cultural rules.
With practical tools, well-researched insights, and real-life scenarios, this book equips parents to launch daughters who are secure in the power of their femininity and sons who are confident in their strength to make a difference in the world.
- Product type: Book
- Format: Book
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2011
- UPC: 9781601422941
- Height: 0.65
- Width: 5.32
- Length: 7.94
- Volumes/Discs: 1
- Pages: 276
- Publish Date: Jan 18, 2011
- Language: English
- Audience Age Maximum: 0
- Audience Age Minimum: 0
- BISAC: "FAM010000 , FAM011000"
- ISBN: 1601422946