Purposeful Parenting: Six Steps to Bring Out the Best in Your KidsJean Barnes
No one is naturally born a good parent. It takes hard work, determination and passionate intention to raise our kids right. In the end, we can either parent on purpose... or idly sit back and allow everything else in the world to shape our children into the men and women the... Read More
In Purposeful Parenting, author Jean Barnes gives you six essential practices, based on both Biblical instruction and best practices in psychology, for successfully raising your kids.
You'll learn how to:
- Show your children that your truly love them
- Use discipline to maintain life and freedom
- Recognize the purpose and passions in your child's heart
- Help your child build good character
- Empower your children to be responsible
- Persevere through difficult times and never give up
- And more!
- Store Only: Yes
- Product type: Book
- Format: Softcover
- Release Date: May 1, 2015
- UPC: 9780768406771
- Volumes/Discs: 1
- Pages: 224
- Publish Date: May 19, 2015
- Language: English
- Audience Age Maximum: 0
- Audience Age Minimum: 0
- BISAC: "REL012030"
- ISBN: 0768406773
Customer ReviewsWrite your own review
- Great Book with Sound Advice! by Gena on 6/2/2015
This was a great read! I love the advice the author gives about different aspects of parenting. My favorite chapter was "Discipline: Teach the Child a You Treasure." It gives sound advice about something so many of us struggle with. It teaches how to help your child be responsible for their actions and different discipline styles.
It also talks about having perserverance, working on coping skills in order to process feelings, and other things that are essential for kids to succeed in life.
All in all, I love that the message is that we must make God an active part of our parenting. With Him and a committed heart, we are sure to become better parents.