NIV Faithgirlz! BibleNancy N. Rue
This special binding of the NIV Faithgirlz! Bible offers a trendy and unique magnetic closure. Every girl wants to know she’s totally unique and special. This Bible says that with Faithgirlz! sparkle. Through the many in-text features found only in the NIV Faithgirlz! ... Read More
- Book introductions—Read about the who, when, where, and what of each book.
- Dream Girl—Use your imagination to put yourself in the story.
- Bring It On!—Take quizzes to really get to know yourself.
- Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You?—See for yourself what you have in common.
- Words to Live By—Check out these Bible verses that are great for memorizing.
- What Happens Next?—Create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your own words.
- Oh, I Get It!—Find answers to Bible questions you've wondered about.
- The complete New International Version (NIV).
- Features written by bestselling author and tween expert Nancy Rue.
Sample Page 1 >
Sample Page 2 >
Sample Page 3 >
Weight: 1.7 pounds
Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.5 inches
Page Count: 1504
- Store Only: Yes
- Product type: Bible
- Format: Purple Polka Dot Hardcover w/ magnetic closure
- Release Date: Jul 16, 2015
- UPC: 9780310750079
- Height: 1.50
- Width: 6.00
- Length: 8.80
- Publish Date: Aug 4, 2015
- Language: English
- Audience Age Maximum: 12
- Audience Age Minimum: 0
- Audience Gender: Female
- ISBN: 310750075
- Translation: New International
- Print Size: 8
- Binding: Hardcover
- Type: General Use
- General Color: Multi-Colored
- Audience stage life: Youth
- Closure Type: Magnetic
Customer ReviewsWrite your own review
- Review from Rambles of a SAHM by Fitzysmom on 8/23/2015
I am enamored with the FaithGirlz line. My oldest grand girl has just entered the target age group and it has been a delight to share the different books with her. I recently received the new NIV FaithGirlz Bible and we had a great time pouring over it and discussing what we liked about the different features.
It comes with a hard back cover that has a magnetic flap closure. I love the durability of a hard back Bible for younger kids. It is a bit heavier but the sturdiness and lay flat design make up for that. But what's fun about a durable Bible that doesn't have a cute design? I'm happy to say that this particular Bible has an adorable owl motif that is shiny and sparkly. What girl doesn't like a little shiny and sparkly in her life?
While the cover is cute it is what lies within that matters. My girl and I both liked the layout. Each book begins with a title page that introduces the book and gives an overview of what is contained. There is also a section written by Nancy Rue that helps relate that particular book of the Bible to your girl's life. Nancy has such a way of speaking truth to young girls and this particular element is a very nice touch.
We also liked many of the other features that made this Bible very interactive. The Bring It On! sections are scattered throughout and they ask a particular question with a multiple choice set of answers. On the opposite page is the second part of the Bring It On! portion. It says If you answered . . . (A., B., or C) then go to a particular Scripture reference. How's that for getting your girl to explore the Scriptures?
I am a list-maker box-checker by nature so the Bible reading plan in the back really appealed to me. It breaks the readings down into very manageable portions and then has a box to check when it is completed. It is designed to be done in a year but with the box check system your girl can do it at whatever pace they are comfortable with.
If you are looking for a way to stimulate interest in Scripture reading and study in your girl I would say that you can't go wrong with this particular Bible. It is appealing to the eye and will speak truth to her soul. What more could you ask for?
I received a copy of this book to facilitate my review.