Necessary Endings: The Employees, Businesses, and Relationships That All of Us Have to Give Up in Order to Move ForwardHenry Cloud
End Pain. Foster Personal and Professional Growth. Live Better. While endings are a natural part of business and life, we often experience them with a sense of hesitation, sadness, resignation, or regret. But consultant, psychologist, and bestselling author Dr. Henry Clou... Read More
Foster Personal and Professional Growth.
While endings are a natural part of business and life, we often experience them with a sense of hesitation, sadness, resignation, or regret. But consultant, psychologist, and bestselling author Dr. Henry Cloud sees endings differently. He argues that our personal and professional lives can only improve to the degree that we can see endings as a necessary and strategic step to something better. If we cannot see endings in a positive light and execute them well, he asserts, the "better" will never come either in business growth or our personal lives.
In this insightful and deeply empathetic book, Dr. Cloud demonstrates that, when executed well, "necessary endings" allow us to proactively correct the bad and the broken in our lives in order to make room for the professional and personal growth we seek. However, when endings are avoided or handled poorly--as is too often the case--good opportunities may be lost, and misery repeated. Drawing on years of experience as an executive coach and a psychologist, Dr. Cloud offers a mixture of advice and case studies to help readers
know when to have realistic hope and when to execute a necessary ending in a business, or with an individual;
- identify which employees, projects, activities, and relationships are worth nurturing and which are not;
- overcome people's resistance to change and create change that works; create urgency and an action plan for what's important;
- stop wasting resources needed for the things that really matter.
- Knowing when and how to let go when something, or someone, isn't working--a personal relationship, a job, or a business venture--is essential for happiness and success.
"Necessary Endings" gives readers the tools they need to say good-bye and move on.
Page Count: 256
Dimensions: 8.9" (L) x 6.1" (W) x 1.1" (D)
- Product type: Book
- Format: Hardcover
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2011
- UPC: 9780061777127
- Height: 1.01
- Width: 6.36
- Length: 9.31
- Volumes/Discs: 1
- Pages: 238
- Publish Date: Jan 18, 2011
- Language: English
- Audience Age Maximum: 0
- Audience Age Minimum: 0
- BISAC: "BUS503000"
- ISBN: 0061777129