The “$100 Giveaway” Sweepstakes Rules
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDING THEREIN AT TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID IN RHODE ISLAND, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Family Christian Stores, LLC. 5300 Patterson Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49530 ("Sponsor"). The sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with, SurveyMonkey.
2. Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are physically located and residing therein, and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of October 1st, 2016. Employees of Sponsor, Sponsor's parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and their immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) and household members are NOT eligible to enter. Winner Subject to all United States federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Residents of Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and any other jurisdiction where prohibited or restricted by law are ineligible.
3. Timing: The “$100 Giveaway” ("Sweepstakes") begins at 8:00am AM Eastern Time ("EST") on October 1st, 2016, and ends at 12:01 pm EST on October 27th, 2016 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible.
4. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
5. How to Enter: Complete the survey sent by email and follow instructions. All information provided on the entry form is provided to Sponsor.
6. Selection of Winners: The one (1) winner will be selected by a drawing. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that does not comply with these official rules. The decision of the Sponsor is final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
7. Prizes and Tax Information:
Grand Prize – valued at over $100: $100 in gift cards valid at any Family Christian store.
Specifics of Prizes will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize (or prize element) of equal or greater value. All taxes and other personal expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner may be required to provide his/her Social Security Number to Sponsor for the purpose of reporting the value of his/her prize winnings to the IRS to comply with federal law. Such Winner may receive a 1099 MISC form from Sponsor. No substitution, transfer or assignment of Prize permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. If Prize is unclaimed, it will be forfeited, and an alternate potential Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries. If a Prize element is not available for any reason, the remaining elements of Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor's prize obligation to Winner, and no additional compensation will be awarded.
Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of Prize due to reasons beyond Sponsors' control, and are not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof.
8. Miscellaneous: In the event of a dispute, Entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may request Potential Winner to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning Entry. If, in Sponsor's sole discretion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of this Sweepstakes, any violation of these Official Rules, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes and select a winner, from among all non-suspect Entries received as of the date of such termination or suspension.
Caution: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law. Failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of the foregoing, or any other provision of these Official Rules.
9. Release: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees (a) to release and hold harmless Sponsor and SurveyMonkey, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents ("Released Parties") from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by prize supplier that are sent along with prize; (c) if selected as a winner, to the posting of such entrant's name on the Sweepstakes Web site and other sites at the Sponsor’s sole discretion and the use by Released Parties of such name, voice, image, and/or likeness for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes without additional compensation, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; (d) to sign the Sponsor’s Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release a copy of which may be reviewed here http://www.familychristian.com/mm-sweepstakes-eligibility-liability and (e) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes.
10. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor does not assume responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes.
11. Governing Law: Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the state of Michigan, without regard to conflicts of law. All suits or claims brought in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a state or federal court in Michigan.
12. Winners List: For the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Family Christian Stores Attn: The “$100 Giveaway” Sweepstakes Winner Announcement, 5300 Patterson Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49530 by November 28th, 2016. Vermont residents may omit return postage.