The Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary is designed both for those who need information quickly and those who want in-depth treatments of hundreds of topics. Each entry begins with a brief definition of the word followed by more detailed information and the pages include ove... Read More
- Exhaustive definitions of people, places, things, and events - dealing with every subject in the Bible
- Unique scale drawings and reconstructions of biblical places and objects based on careful archaeological research
- Over sixty new, full-color maps with map index
- Major articles on theological topics, and collective articles on plants, animals, occupations, and more!
- Pronunciation guide for all proper nouns and other hard-to-pronounce words
- Up-to-date archaeological information from excavations in Israel
- Timeline that compares biblical history to world history
- Summary definitions that begin each entry for quick reference
- A variety of translations used - this is the only dictionary that includes the HCSB, NIV, KJV, RSV, NRSV, REB, NASB, ESV, and TEV!
- Many articles based on the original languages, but written in a user-friendly style. Technical language and abbreviations are avoided.
- Alphabetical guides for quick and easy location of information.
Page Count: 1704
Dimensions: 10" x 6" x 2.3"
- Product type: Book
- Format: Hardcover
- Release Date: Nov 26, 2003
- UPC: 9780805428360
- Height: 2.3
- Width: 6.9
- Length: 9.4
- Volumes/Discs: 1
- Pages: 1704
- Publish Date: Oct 1, 2003
- Language: English
- Audience Age Maximum: 0
- Audience Age Minimum: 0
- BISAC: "REL006670"
- ISBN: 0805428364
Customer ReviewsWrite your own review
- Much needed by Sandra L. on 11/30/2013
The Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary is probably the best bible dictionary to come along in some time. It contains the full-color photos, illustrations, charts, and maps needed to enhance your bible studies. This dictionary was recommended to me by a friend and it was definitely a much needed addition to my biblical learning tools.