Kobo Arc 32GB Tablet - BlackKobo
Do it all with the multi-functional Kobo Arc! Loaded with the features that you want, this tablet computer doesn't stop at eBooks - it also brings you magazines, music, movies, apps and games, all in brilliant color. The 7" IPS display pairs with a lightning-fast 1.5 GHz dua... Read More
- White: $99.99
Do it all with the multi-functional Kobo Arc! Loaded with the features that you want, this tablet computer doesn't stop at eBooks - it also brings you magazines, music, movies, apps and games, all in brilliant color. The 7" IPS display pairs with a lightning-fast 1.5 GHz dual-core processor to make multi-tasking a breeze!
Kobo’s exclusive interface, Tapestries, allows you to organize your content thematically and pin content into customized groups. As an e-Reader, the Kobo Arc comes pre-loaded with Zinio® and PressReader®, allowing you to choose from over 5,000 magazines from Zinio and 2,000 newspapers from PressReader. Kobo also offers access to up to 17,000 Christian book titles and millions of other eBooks, including over one million free eBooks to choose from.
TypeGenius technology from Kobo makes the Kobo Arc fully customizable - choose from a selection of font sizes and styles, as well as exclusive weight and sharpness settings so that you can adjust the text to suit your eyes. The Kobo Arc also features built-in front-facing speakers and SRS TruMedia™, a feature-rich audio solution tuned specifically for tablet devices. You can even stay in touch with friends over Skype video chat using the Arc’s front-facing camera.
Kobo allows you to read any open-format eBook on your Kobo Arc, and with free top-rated Kobo apps, you can read across devices you already own, including other open e-Readers.
- Social Reading: Includes Reading Life and Kobo Pulse. Track your Reading Stats and share what you're reading, favorite passages and Reading Life awards on Facebook and Twitter.
- Kobo Picks: Get personalized recommendations based on your feedback and preferences.
- Seven font styles with 24 font sizes and exclusive weight and sharpness settings.
- Built-in dual front-facing speakers and universal 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack with SRS TruMedia sound
- 720p HD front-facing camera (1.3 MP)
- Advanced Features: Wireless display capability to stream multimedia content to your TV with a compatible WiFi Direct A/V adapter. Android customization features such as re-sizable widgets and face unlock.
- Pre-loaded Apps: Facebook, Twitter and Skype. Stream music from Rdio, and access your magazines and newspapers through Zinio and PressReader.
- Google apps: Google Play, Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps, StreetView, Calendar, Contacts, Google+ and Google Chat
- File Types:
- Books: ePUB, including fixed layout and enhanced ePUB
- Images: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Audio: MP#, AAC, 3gp, mp4, m4a, flac, ogg, wav, mid
- Video Formats: 3gp, mp4, webm
Dimensions: 7.4"(L) x 4.7"(W) x 0.5"(D)
Weight: 12.8 oz
Processor: 1.5 GHz dual-core processor; 1 GB RAM
Operating System: Open access to Android 4.0
Display: 7” IPS display
Screen: 1280 x 800 HD resolution; 215 ppi; displays 16 million colors; clarity at extra wide viewing angles (+/-) 89 degrees
Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Micro USB
Battery Life: 10 hours of reading; 2 weeks of standby
Software: Tapestries - Kobo’s exclusive interface for easy content discovery
Web Browsing: Android 4.0 web browser
Media: Music Player, Photo Gallery, Video Player
- While Supplies Last: Yes
- Product type: Default
- Format: Black
- Release Date: Dec 28, 2012
- UPC: 681495002016
- Height: 0
- Width: 0
- Length: 0
Customer ReviewsWrite your own review
- Hated It. by Glory on 10/4/14
I originally got the kobo arc 3 weeks ago ,but I had to end it back because the box did not have a charger. I sent it back. During the process I called them maybe 7 times to make sure it was actually coming to me. It took 2 weeks for them to get the kobo with it's charger to me. I got an email says that they would be willing to set up the kobo. If I had only know I would have tried harder to get into my email. I got the kobo back 2 days ago. It has been a pain. I have gone to the library,Chrystal'si,Wendy's, and a bunch of other places to get wifi. I was only able to get through the second step to the kobo up. I even tried to
set it up using my computer. All I got was error #7 and when I did get the wifi and it started to update the wizard set would mess up. I almost finished the update that you must do if you want to use it but when the kobo rebooted it said error. And I called kobo it gave me their website. This is the second I called them. I am sending this kobo right back as soon as possible. Kobo is terrible. You can not get their customer service. This is my first tablet and i'm 14. Why must I go through all this mess. I have no idea what other tablet I will get ,but iI know for sure I am never going to get a kobo item.
- Great Tablet With Great Customer Service by bookworm on 8/9/13
I was gifted a Kobo Arc for my birthday, but something went wrong with it. We still had the receipt so we called customer service and after determining we could not do anything on our end, they sent me a replacement tablet and I sent in mine. I received excellent customer service and was happy with their prompt responses....Unfortunately, my replacement tablet was stolen from my home 1 1/2 weeks after getting it so now I have to buy a new one, but I will be buying Kobo Arc because of the wonderful job they did standing behind their product and taking care of me as their consumer.
- LOVE IT! by Barbara on 4/12/13
This is my 3rd Kobo, I bought the manual one then upgraded to the touch, now I am on the Kobo Arc.
I bought this Arc so I could put my beading magazines on it. My husband keeps telling me I have to throw out my magazines to make room...so this was a perfect solution!
I am also a crazy reader and our house is over run with books, but now they are all on my Arc for easy access!
- Tablet great, Kobo company, not so by Terry on 4/2/13
I loved my tablet, but I wouldn't purchase another Kobo device or recommend anyone else to. Mine broke when it fell from night stand after being plugged in to charge. The charge port broke loose, and the company does not offer any way to repair damage. They also do not make parts available to customers to have it repaired, not to them or to any technician. If you break it, you are out a tablet, and they have to say is "sorry for the inconvenience".
More From Kobo
Kobo, Peter Pauper Press$14.95