Disunity in Christ: Uncovering the Hidden Forces That Keep Us ApartChristena Cleveland
Despite Jesus' prayer that all Christians "be one", divisions have been epidemic in the body of Christ from the beginning to the present. We cluster in theological groups, gender groups, age groups, ethnic groups, educational and economic groups. We criticize freely those wh... Read More
With a personal touch and the trained eye of a sociologist, Cleveland brings to bear the latest studies and research on the unseen dynamics at work that tend to separate us from others. The author provides real insight for ministry leaders who have attempted to build bridges across boundaries.
In this eye-opening book, learn the hidden reasons behind conflict and divisions, and answers to questions like:
- Why all your friends seem unique but people in other groups seem the same.
- Why little differences often become big sources of conflict.
- Why categorizing others is often automatic and helpful, but can also have destructive side effects.
- Why we are often victims of groupthink and how we can avoid it.
- Why women think men are judging them more negatively than men really are.
- Why choices of language can actually affect unity.
- Store Only: Yes
- Product type: Default
- Format: Softcover
- Release Date: Nov 1, 2013
- UPC: 9780830844036
There are no customer reviews yet. Be the first to write a customer review!Write a customer review