Christian History Made Easy Leader PackTimothy Paul Jones
In this 12-session DVD-based study, Dr. Timothy Paul Jones takes you through the most important events in Christian history, from the time of the apostles to today. He brings to life the fascinating people and events that shaped our world through dramatic stories told wit... Read More
In this 12-session DVD-based study, Dr. Timothy Paul Jones takes you through the most important events in Christian history, from the time of the apostles to today. He brings to life the fascinating people and events that shaped our world through dramatic stories told with a touch of humor. The Christian History Made Easy 12-Session DVD Study, based on Dr. Jones’s award-winning book, Christian History Made Easy, ties in spiritual lessons that believers can glean by looking at the past and shows how God was still working in his church despite all the ups and downs.
Using this comprehensive study, you will learn:
- The fascinating stories of people such as St. Patrick, Martin Luther and Augustine.
- People who changed history like Constantine, Charlemagne and Francis of Assisi
- How we got the Bible that we read today through John Wycliffe, William Tyndale and others.
- The Middle Ages and the Reformation: Kings and Queens, Monks and Reformers
- Where church doctrines and practices originated
- How the Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant churches came to be
- Reason and Revival - How modernity and the scientific revolution affected Christianity
- How Christianity has spread around the world
You don’t have to be an expert to lead this 12-session study - the Christian History Made Easy Leader Pack DVD is perfect for small groups, Bible studies, or personal use.
- Product type: Default
- Format: Leader Pack
- Release Date: Mar 7, 2012
- UPC: 9781596365261
- Height: 0
- Width: 0
- Length: 0
Customer ReviewsWrite your own review
- Very Useful Study for Protestants by Macy on 10/10/2014
An easily understood introduction to Christian History, which I suggest will fulfill the needs of your individual or Protestant group study. I noted a few points that do not agree with Catholic doctrine, but Jones did a good job avoiding the trouble spots. The included DVD with PDF files for printable leader guide and promotional materials was thorough and easily adaptable for many uses.
Jones' knowledge is extensive, easy to follow. Terms clearly indicated on screen when new topics. Useful info about the transition from oral tradition to written word.
Negatives/Distractions: (for which I will deduct one star from total of five stars)
1) Lecture-type gets tiresome but he does a good job of presentation without distractions, and humorous visuals help.
2) I was concerned that Dr. Jones skips the early chapters in Acts and begins with Acts 28 and Paul. What about the earlier church - Stephen, Peter and James?
Rose Publishing provided me with an advanced reader copy.