Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your LifeHenry Cloud, John Sims Townsend, John Townsend
Having clear boundaries is essential to a healthy, balanced lifestyle. Boundaries impact all areas of our lives: physical boundaries help us determine who may touch us and under what circumstances; mental boundaries give us the freedom to have our own thoughts and opinions; ... Read More
Delivery by Mother’s Day Learn more
Often, Christians focus so much on being loving and unselfish that they forget their own limits and limitations. When confronted with their lack of boundaries, they ask:
- Can I set limits and still be a loving person?
- What are legitimate boundaries?
- What if someone is upset or hurt by my boundaries?
- How do I answer someone who wants my time, love, energy, or money?
- Aren't boundaries selfish?
- Why do I feel guilty or afraid when I consider setting boundaries?
In Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life, Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend offer biblically-based answers to these and other tough questions, showing us how to set healthy boundaries with our parents, spouses, children, friends, co-workers and even ourselves.
Page Count: 320
- Product type: Book
- Format: Softcover
- Release Date: Mar 4, 2002
- Height: 1
- Width: 5.5
- Length: 8.4
- Volumes/Discs: 1
- Pages: 320
- Publish Date: Mar 18, 2002
- Language: English
- Audience Age Maximum: 0
- Audience Age Minimum: 0
- BISAC: "REL012100 , REL036540"
- ISBN: 0310247454
Customer ReviewsWrite your own review
- Amazing by Anne on 9/16/2013
One of the best written and helpful books I have ever come across. Truly eye opening and life hanging
- Life-changing by Robin Joy on 1/16/2013
Read the book 2 times, then did a re-read w/the study guide in a bible study group. Life-changing! Jesus set boundaries, and so should we! Better than 5 stars!
- Life changing by Mary on 11/3/2012
Helped me realize that Jesus doesn't say we should let others walk all over us. Setting healthy boundaries is Biblical and healthy for us. This makes it clear what I expect from others, and gives me peace as I follow my pre-determined boundaries. This book has changed my life! Thank you Dr. Cloud & Dr. Townsend!