Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your LifeHenry Cloud, John Sims Townsend, John Townsend
Having clear boundaries is essential to a healthy, balanced lifestyle. Boundaries impact all areas of our lives: physical boundaries help us determine who may touch us and under what circumstances; mental boundaries give us the freedom to have our own thoughts and opinions; ... Read More
Often, Christians focus so much on being loving and unselfish that they forget their own limits and limitations. When confronted with their lack of boundaries, they ask:
- Can I set limits and still be a loving person?
- What are legitimate boundaries?
- What if someone is upset or hurt by my boundaries?
- How do I answer someone who wants my time, love, energy, or money?
- Aren't boundaries selfish?
- Why do I feel guilty or afraid when I consider setting boundaries?
In Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life, Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend offer biblically-based answers to these and other tough questions, showing us how to set healthy boundaries with our parents, spouses, children, friends, co-workers and even ourselves.
Page Count: 320
- Product type: Book
- Format: Softcover
- Release Date: Mar 4, 2002
- Height: 1
- Width: 5.5
- Length: 8.4
- Volumes/Discs: 1
- Pages: 320
- Publish Date: Mar 18, 2002
- Language: English
- Audience Age Maximum: 0
- Audience Age Minimum: 0
- BISAC: "REL012100 , REL036540"
- ISBN: 0310247454
Customer ReviewsWrite your own review
- Amazing by Anne on 9/16/2013
One of the best written and helpful books I have ever come across. Truly eye opening and life hanging
- Life-changing by Robin Joy on 1/16/2013
Read the book 2 times, then did a re-read w/the study guide in a bible study group. Life-changing! Jesus set boundaries, and so should we! Better than 5 stars!
- Life changing by Mary on 11/3/2012
Helped me realize that Jesus doesn't say we should let others walk all over us. Setting healthy boundaries is Biblical and healthy for us. This makes it clear what I expect from others, and gives me peace as I follow my pre-determined boundaries. This book has changed my life! Thank you Dr. Cloud & Dr. Townsend!