The Savvy Mom's Guide to Sons: 101 Real-World Tips to Improve Your Relationship and Save Your SanityTina Krause
The Savvy Mom's Guide to Sons will encourage your faith, challenge you spiritually, and give you real-life advice on how to parent boys with wisdom and confidence. Biblically-based advice will equip you to guide your boys in the Christian faith--plus, you'll encounter some h... Read More
Page Count: 240
- Product type: Book
- Format: Softcover
- Release Date: Jul 1, 2014
- UPC: 9781628368871
- Height: 0
- Width: 0
- Length: 0
- Volumes/Discs: 1
- Pages: 240
- Publish Date: Jul 1, 2014
- Language: English
- Audience Age Maximum: 0
- Audience Age Minimum: 0
- BISAC: "REL012030"
- ISBN: 162836887X
Customer ReviewsWrite your own review
- Helpful Tips for Boy Moms by Laura Langley on 6/7/2014
Tina Krause’s new book The Savvy Mom’s Guide to Sons: 101 Real-World Tips to Improve Your Relationship—and Save Your Sanity hits a home run when it comes to helping boy moms get a handle on how to parent sons. This highly practical book is guaranteed to meet moms wherever they find themselves in the parenting journey.
The Savvy Mom’s Guide to Sons is packed full with good advice from a mom who has obviously “been there, done that” and who communicates with humor, wisdom and honesty. The short “chapters” make it an easy to navigate book. It can be read from beginning to end, or the chronological layout allows moms to flip to the stage in which they find themselves with their boys.
Each “tip” makes up a chapter, and the 101 tips span chronologically from a son’s birth, to puberty, to life on his own. Krause helps moms understand the various stages and even gives practical help for dealing with some situations. Here are just a few:
• “Nap with him” for mothers of newborns;
• “Establish rules, discipline and boundaries early” for the toddler years;
• “Dirt won’t hurt” for when he’s a young boy;
• “Tell him how to shower; his family and classmates will appreciate it” for early teens;
• “Tolerate him until college break ends” for college students; and
• “Embrace his wife” for adult sons.
I like the fact that each tip features:
• A Word from the Word with relevant scripture verses,
• Think About It with practical questions and suggestions, and
• Final Thought with some final words on the subject.
This book would make a great baby shower gift for a new mom. It’s also perfect for a mom at any stage in the parenting journey. It would even be helpful for aunts, godmothers, and other women in a boy's life. The Savvy Mom’s Guide to Sons is one book I plan to buy for young moms whenever I need a baby shower gift.
About the Author
Tina Krause is the author of Laughter Therapy and An Exercise in Laughter, Grand Moments for Grandmothers, The Bible Promise Book for Women, Life Is Sweet, God’s Answers for Your Life: Parents’ Edition, and 365 Great Things about Grandparenting. She is a contributor to more than twenty-five book compilations and has nine hundred published writing credits. A freelance writer and award-winning newspaper columnist, she and her husband, Jim, have raised two sons and enjoy five grandchildren.
* Note: I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for this honest review. However, the opinions expressed are my own.
More From Tina Krause