52 Uncommon Dates: A Couple's Adventure Guide for Praying, Playing, and Staying TogetherChristopher Hudson, Randy Southern
We know we should do it. We talk about it and acknowledge the benefits; yet most couples find "praying together" is somewhat awkward, intimidating, or something we lack the time for. It's time to experience a breath of fresh air... in prayer. "52 Uncommon Dates" ignites a pr... Read More
We know we should do it. We talk about it and acknowledge the benefits; yet most couples find "praying together" is somewhat awkward, intimidating, or something we lack the time for. It's time to experience a breath of fresh air... in prayer.
"52 Uncommon Dates" ignites a prayerful and playful connection in a way that feels natural for couples to schedule and relate to real life. Fun, creative, and spiritually engaging, this powerful resource will revive the relational, physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of your relationship, one date at a time.
- Product type: Book
- Format: Softcover
- Release Date: Jun 1, 2014
- UPC: 9780802411747
- Height: 0.51
- Width: 5
- Length: 7
- Volumes/Discs: 1
- Pages: 223
- Publish Date: Jun 1, 2014
- Language: English
- Audience Age Maximum: 0
- Audience Age Minimum: 0
- BISAC: "REL012050"
- ISBN: 0802411746
Customer ReviewsWrite your own review
- Great Date Night Ideas for Building Intimacy by Laura Langley on 6/7/2014
“Dating is to marriage what breathing is to the body,” says Gary Chapman in his introduction to author Randy Southern’s new book, 52 Uncommon Dates: A Couple’s Adventure Guide for Praying, Playing, and Staying Together. This book is packed with loads of ideas for creative dates. But they aren’t just dates. They are intentional opportunities to engage in meaningful communication and relationship building as well as spiritual growth. Couples will even some ideas for spicing up their sexual relationship sprinkled throughout some of the dates.
One of the things I love about 52 Uncommon Dates is the way Southern intentionally constructed each date to include the following components:
• Set the Scene - a description of the date;
• Make It Happen - tips for what to do and where to go;
• Finish Strong - questions and suggestions for talking about the date and deepening intimacy;
• Mind Your Language - ideas on how to incorporate the five love languages and fill your spouse's love tank;
• Take It to God - suggestions for praying together before, during, or after the date; and
• Dig Deep - scriptures to look at as a couple, grow spiritually as a couple.
Here’s just a sampling of the 52 Dates:
• The First Time for Everything Date where couples purposely get out of their rut and try new things.
• The Playground Date where couples go to a playground and then focus on better understanding each other’s childhoods.
• The Arcade Date where couples have fun together and focus on what it means to be more childlike in faith.
• The Zoo Date where couples enjoy God’s creation and conversation.
• The Memory Lane Date where couples remember favorite moments together.
I have to say that there are a few dates my husband and I won’t be using, like the Haunted House (Halloween) Date, the Dancing Date, and the Amusement Park Date. However, even without those three, there are almost enough dates for one a week for an entire year. I especially like how each date is intentionally designed to help couples grow together spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
52 Uncommon Dates is one I’ll be giving as wedding shower gifts in the future. A great marriage takes work, and regular dates are a key tool for strengthening marriages. I highly recommend this book to all couples whether they’ve been married just a few months or more than 50 years. There’s always more to learn about your spouse, and author Randy Southern helps facilitate growth in intimacy with these fun, interesting and intentional date ideas.
About the Author
Randy Southern has written dozens of books, articles, study guides and curricula for the Christian market. His works include The World's Easiest Guide to Family Relationships, Raising Highly Capable Kids and Dating Clues for the Clueless.A graduate of Taylor University, Randy lives with his family in Fishers, Indiana.
* Note: I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for this honest review. However, the opinions expressed are my own.