Happy National Random Acts of Kindness Day! We’re all about a holiday that encourages us to show compassion just as Paul did in Ephesians 4:32 NIV: “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” Here are 10 ways to communicate kindness to those around you today.
1. Call Your Family Pick up the phone and call someone you don’t regularly talk to. Ask them about their day and let them know that you love them.
2. Sponsor A Child By sponsoring a child through World Vision, you'll help that child and their community experience freedom from poverty.
3. Smile At A Stranger Spread the joy of the Lord by smiling at someone while you’re out running errands—it’s contagious!
4. Make A Donation Clean out your home, and donate gently used clothes, books, board games, kitchenware and anything else you no longer need.
5. Send A Card You don’t need to spend a lot of money to show someone that you care. Write a handwritten note of encouragement in a greeting card.
6. Pay It Forward Literally—pay for someone’s meal or buy two cups of coffee in the morning and give one away.
7. Give Directions If you see someone who looks lost, stop and ask them if they need help. Even if they don’t, they’ll be thankful and inspired by your thoughtfulness.
8. Leave An Encouraging Reminder Keep sticky notes on hand and write down some Bible verses or messages letting people know that God loves them. Leave them in public restrooms, at the gas pump or anywhere else strangers may see them.
9. Volunteer Find a local charity or ask your church how you can help by volunteering your time or talents.
10. Say A Prayer Spend some time praying for healing, wisdom, loved ones’ prayer requests and anything else God puts on your heart.
Looking to for more ways to be a light in the world? Our February Own Your Faith Challenge is all about showing the love of Christ—and you still have time to join us!
You Might Also Like