God is in pursuit of the orphan and widow. Throughout scripture He has promised that He would maintain their cause, lift them up, execute justice on their behalf, make them a home, never forget them, rescue them, never forget them, and defend them. He has asks us as well to express His heart toward the orphan and widow and toe “look after them in their distress” (James 1:27 NIV).
By God’s grace, Family Christian Ministries has been a part of His story by serving and rescuing orphans and widows in 2015. As we have joined Him in serving the oppressed around the world, we have been able to touch the lives of over 1.5 Million orphans and widows this year.
Our ministry to the orphan and widow fall into three categories:
- Quality of Life Improvements for Orphans and Widows
- Hands-on Orphan and Widow Work Care
- Adoption Assistance Program
This work has been supported by donation from guests who shop Family, employees who give, commercial co-ventures with vendors, vendor donation, and donations from leadership.
Because of support from you, our customers, God has allowed us to continue to advance His Kingdom and destroy evil. Look at all you've helped to accomplish so far in 2015:
- Through our Barnabas Bear donation program, more than 70,000 lives have been touched.
- Through our partnership with Faith Comes by Hearing, more than 14,000 lives have been touched.
- Through World Vision International child sponsorships, more than 10,000 lives have been touched.
- On our missions trips that we've taken to Mexico, Guatemala, Haiti, and more, more than 3,000 lives have been touched.
Overall Family Christian Ministries has impacted over 1.5 million people in 2015 and that number continues to grow. We couldn't do any of this without your help. Thank you for your continued support and take heart knowing that your financial assistance, the donation of your time, and your prayers are touching the lives of many children and widows all over the world.
This post was written by Family Christian's own Steve Biondo, the SVP of HR & Organizational Development at Family Christian.